Sunday, October 3, 2010

Donor's Choose Project Funded

Another quick weekend has passed. It is amazing at how fast time is flying. I am constantly working for my students, so it just seems like there isn't enough time to get what I want to get done, done. I find myself always just trying to stay ahead of where I need to be. It is already October!

In other news, my Donor's Choose project was funded in just a few days. I did not expect it to be funded so quickly. Donor's Choose is a website where teachers can request resources for their classrooms. People are able to go to the website, browse through all of the requests and donate money to help pay for the requested resources. I had overwhelming support from friends, family, and anonymous donors. With their help, I will be getting personal dry erase boards, markers, and erasers for ALL of my students, so they can show me their work quickly and effectively. Too often I am unable to view the progress of all of my students at once. With the white boards, I will be able to give them a problem, have them work it out on their own personal dry erase boards and then have them hold the board high up in the air. I will then be able to see with one sweeping look around the room if the majority of my students "get it" or don't. It is a fun way to do math. So, thank you for all the support.

In classroom news, my students are doing fairly well. There are still too many of them that do not do homework every night. This is a problem in that they are not receiving the easy points, so I have many students with really low grades. They have time to bring it up, and we have more projects and tests to come, but we are already in October--they need to pick it up. That means I need to pick it up with them. I am going to be making phone calls all week to parents updating them on their child's progress. Hopefully that will add some extra gas to the tank.

In life outside of school: nothing much happening. I am still working 70-80 hour weeks and that does not leave much time for play. I am planning a trip to Pittsburgh and Youngstown soon, so that will be a nice break.

Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment