Sunday, January 9, 2011

Santa Came to Room 149

I'm finally back in the groove after a wonderful Christmas break. The break was full of friends, family, and minimal lesson planning, so that means it was a great break. I ate, slept, and repeated.

Christmas was extended come Monday morning when I walked into my classroom and saw a Promethean Board installed in the front of my room. I could not believe it! A Promethean Board looks like a white dry erase board with a projector attached to the ceiling. They have "magical" pens in which you can write on the board, but nothing shows up physically--it is all computer generated. So, I can now write notes and display figures, and surf the internet, and play videos all via this amazing piece of equipment. It makes teaching easier--I can erase problems in an instant and "write" all over my powerpoint presentations and other class materials. I can record lessons, save my notes, etc....the possibilities are limitless. Also, the school has class sets of "activotes" which are little handheld voting machines in which each student in my class can push an answer to a problem I give them on the Promethean Board and instant results come up. I can see which student got which problem wrong without calling them out. It will make classes very engaging and entertaining for my students. I'm looking forward to learning more about everything.

Here is a link to the Promethean website: http://www.prometheanworld.com/

Wednesday is the first day of snowboarding club (CHILL). We leave at 3 and will get back at around 10. I'm excited to spend some time outside of school with some of the students. It will be a great opportunity to find out about their lives, interests, and aspirations.

Hope all is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment