Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snow Days

This past week was rather different because we had 1 snow day and two 2 hour delays! This has positives and negatives, of course. The positives are obvious: I got to sleep in, catch up on some planning, and relax and get energized for this next week. The negatives are obvious for me: this was the first week of classes for the semester, so there will be a struggle to "wrangle" in the students and sell them my procedures and routines after a crazy week; and students lose out on already short learning time. I teach a DCCAS test prep class and I don't have many days with them. The real test takes place in the first few weeks in April--a month that is quickly approaching. The urgency is there and a few missed days is huge. We'll push on....

We have the threat of a huge winter storm again on Tuesday and Wednesday. It is up in the air whether it will formulate or not. For my students' sakes, I hope we don't get it. So much to do, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment